I understand and agree that:
- All facts I have provided on this application, in any resume or other materials I have submitted, during any job interview are true and complete. Any false or misleading statement, misrepresentation, or omission of fact(s) on this application, withdrawing any offer of employment, or immediate discharge, regardless of when such false statement, misrepresentation, or omission is discovered.
- Any offer of employment I may receive from Oceaneering International, Inc (together with its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, the “Company”) is contingent upon my successful completion of the total pre-employment screening process and new hire in-processing, including the Company’s receipt of references that it considers satisfactory, and my satisfactory completion of any applicable post-job offer pre-employment examination including physical examinations, that the company may require.
- I understand that if an offer of employment is made, I may be required to undergo and successfully pass a test for alcohol and/or illegal drugs, and prescribed over-the-counter drugs that may impair my ability to perform my job or may affect the safety or well-being of others in accordance with the Company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy. I also understand and agree that, if employed, I may be required to submit to an alcohol or drug test at the discretion of the Company consistent with applicable law and the Company’s Policy. It is the policy of the Company to ensure the privacy of all applicants and employees in connection with drug and alcohol testing. I understand I may consult with the Company’s Human Resources department for further information concerning the Company’s drug and alcohol testing policy.
- I authorize the Company or the Company’s agent, at any time prior to or during my employment, to: (a) investigate my references and employment record; (b) communicate with my former employers provided as references; (c) conduct an independent investigation of my character, conduct and employment record, including, without limitation, a criminal background check and/or request a credit report and/or request an investigative background credit report. I understand that the results of investigation or background checks may be kept and preserved. Additionally, I release the Company, its subsidiaries, their officers, employees and agents, and any other person from all liability for any damage that may result from furnishing information to the Company.
- Subject to any applicable agreements and policies with such employers and individuals, I authorize and request that all of my present and former employers and those individuals I have listed as references furnish information about my employment record, including the reason for the termination of my employment, work performance, abilities, and other qualities pertinent to my qualifications for employment. I hereby release them and the Company from any and all liability for damages arising from furnishing the requested information.
- This paragraph only applies to positions in the U.S. and to the extent allowed by applicable law. All employees of the Company are employees “at will”. If employed, I may terminate my employment at any time, with our without cause, and the Company may terminate my employment at any time with our without cause. Nothing contained in the Employee Handbook or any other documentation provided to an employee is intended to limit, modify, change, or amend the “at will” nature of employment with the Company. Any salary figures provided in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time. I understand that no person other than the Company’s Chief Executive Officer has the authority to agree to modify or change the “at will” nature of my employment and that any such modification or change must be in writing and signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer.
- I agree that upon termination of my employment I will return all Company property and records in my possession.
- Personal or professional references may be required upon request.
- The information I submit for potential job opportunities with Oceaneering will be used, held, transferred, processed and saved for purposes related to possible current and future employment. By agreeing to the terms and agreements I give Oceaneering my consent, understanding and authorization that the personal data entered into the application and information on my resume/CV uploaded, can be transferred and accessed globally and transferred outside my country of origin by persons responsible for employment queries and requests. I understand that the information will be retained according to Oceaneering's corporate records retention guidelines. Oceaneering will maintain the privacy of such data and only those authorized to use it will be permitted access.
Oceaneering provides this Applicant Data Protection Notice to explain our practices regarding the collection, use, and other processing of certain individually identifiable information about job applicants or other potential employees ("Personal Data"), in connection with recruiting and hiring activities. For more detail, click HERE